Reasons for getting a second opinion
- Be sure your diagnosis is correct
- Be sure your information is current and up to date
- Understand alternative treatments
- Find sources for additional help and information
- Insure that your hospital/care system is up-to-date and dependable
- Understand your choices for treatment
- Radiation therapy
- Biological Therapy
- Other treatments
- Should you receive combinations of different types of treatments, and if so together or in sequence and in which order?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each type of treatment?
- What are the side effects and potential problems with various treatments?
- What questions should you ask your doctor?
- Are there alternative treatments or ancillary measures you could employ?
- What clinical trials or new research may be useful?......now or later?
- What plans could be made for subsequent treatment, if the need should arise?
- How do you deal with the emotional aspects of making these difficult choices and in making decisions regarding treatment?
Top of Page | Table of Contents | www.TheCancerAnswer.org
| 310-378-4059 | Fax: 310-791-0969